For campers entering grades K-5 in the fall*
Camp Shalom offers a high quality Traditional Day Camp program during 8 weeks of the summer.Each session is 2 weeks long. All campers will participate in engaging, meaningful, and enjoyable special areas including: Arts & Crafts, Science, Israeli Culture, Music, Sports, and Cooking. Campers will swim each day they are on site. Each week will have brand new programming and an exciting theme. All campers will be grouped based on their Fall 2018 school grade.
* Yeledim is for children who will be entering kindergarten in the fall, Sabra is for 1st-2nd graders, and Kadima is for 3rd-5th graders. For campers entering 6th-8th grade, please visit our Sababa page. For campers entering 9th-10th grade, please visit our Yoetz page.
Dates & Times
- Session 1: 6/11-6/22
- Session 2: 6/25-7/6 (no camp 7/4)
- Session 3: 7/9-7/20
- Session 4: 7/23-8/3
9:00am-4:00pm daily. Extended care available (see below)
Can’t get enough of Camp Shalom? Join us for more fun on August 6-10 and August 13-17. See our post-camp page for more information.
- Session 1: Welcome to the Jungle! | Pirates
- Session 2: Whimsical Wizards | Stars & Stripes
- Session 3: Maccabi | Animation Nation
- Session 4: Mystery | Under the Sea
Campers will enjoy field trips throughout the summer. Field trips are based on the weekly theme and offer campers new experiences away from the regular camp setting.
Only campers in 1st-5th grade go on field trips. Our kindergartners stay at camp for their own special fun.
The Field Trip Schedule for 2018 will be coming soon.
Campers swim every day they are onsite in the JCC’s heated pool. Each Yeledim, Sabra and Kadima camper has certified swim instruction two days a week, and recreational swim 3 days a week. Campers are closely monitored during swim times by camp staff and lifeguards. Certified lifeguards, assigned specifically to Camp Shalom, are on duty at all times and camp staff will be in the pool with campers during both recreation and lesson swim. Safety is our top priority at the pool.
- Sessions 1, 3, and 4: Cost per 2-week session is $720 JCC members, $860 non-members.
- Session 2: There is no camp on July 4, so pricing will be prorated for the week of July 2-6. Cost for one week of camp (7/2-7/6) is $313 for JCC members, and $369 for non-members. Cost for the entire session (Session 2 runs 6/25-7/6) is $648 for JCC members, and $774 for non-members.
Splitting up a session: If you wish, you can have your child attend only 1 week of a 2-week session. There is a $25 additional fee for splitting up a session. This fee can be waived at the discretion of the camp director.
The JCC youth lounge, Club J, is home to Camp Shalom’s Extended Care. Come join the fun after camp with rock climbing, light up walls, reading corner, arts and crafts, and much more!
Extended Care times and fees are:
|7:30-9:00am and 4:00-6:00pm||JCC member||non-member|
|Weekly Rate Option||$60||$75|
|Hourly Rate Option||$10||$12|